Strong northly breezes provided challenging racing this week. This was the first decent breeze that I had the boat out in. The biggest news is that I didn’t break anything on the boat and everything pretty much held together.
The first couple of laps I took it relatively easy and made sure the boat was going to hold together. Once I was confident that the boat was working well I then hiked hard and worked the boat upwind. Surprisingly the boat worked well and nothing went wrong.
By the time I was pushing the boat hard I was well back in the fleet. In the last couple of laps I got a number of places and was able to keep the boat upright throughout the rest of the race.
While I hadn’t broken anything a shackle that I replaced in the morning was a bit bent out of shape: